Fitness is your resolution, but now it’s freezing out, and how are you going to get up from under those covers to go to the gym? We say don’t. Ximena has a better way to go!
I find myself dreading the idea of getting up for my 8am classes. Aside from that, getting up to go to the gym is even more of a hassle with early classes. What gets my blood pumping and wakes me up, before a cup of coffee is this workout that begins in bed! If you’re not an early riser, or an avid gym-goer, here is a quick workout that can help tone and get you into shape.
1. Hug one knee to chest while keeping the other extended. Hold for 15 seconds and repeat on the other leg.
2. Roll out of bed and do 10 pushups.
3. Drop to your forearms and hold a plank for 30 seconds (or remain in the pushup position if you would like a challenge).
4. Activate your Hamstrings, on all fours, simply kick a bent leg up 10x repeat with other leg.
5. Stay on all fours and kick your leg without bending the knee 10x per leg.
6. Lunges 10x leg
7. 45 second plank
8. 15 push ups
9. Get coffee