Hi, it’s me, Mary! Last week I participated in the oh-so-hyped-up Spring Formal Sorority Recruitment. It was such an exhausting several days, but I met so many lovely, kind, and interesting women who made me proud to be a part of the University of Virginia.
Anyways, I really wanted to reflect on my experience… and poke at the more funny (and relatable) parts of rush, because come on, it really is bizarre.
- Picking out all of your outfits for each round is more emotionally taxing than you think.
- WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THE CLAPPING?
- Having to participate in tons and tons and tons of small talk is more tiring than you think.
- Walking around so much to every house makes you feel like you ran a marathon.
- A warm shower never felt so good at the end of the day.
- The anxious feeling you get before seeing your schedule…
- Your feelings toward houses that drop you or your friends…
- Standing outside houses: always choosing warmth over style.
- Making friends in line throughout the week is definitely a highlight.
- Picking between houses feels like a BIG DEAL.
- BID DAY is definitely worth the hype.
Youll be hearing more from me soon!!!
Read More About Sororities