Does anyone else have an internal struggle between their desire to be healthy and their obsession with Mexican food? Well, if you’re in that boat with me I have a solution! Quinoa is your answer. Check out 27 Surprising Health Benefits Of Quinoa to learn why. These Quinoa Shrimp Taco Bowls with Avocado Sauce are delicious, light, and packed with nutrients.
Shrimp Quinoa Bowls
makes 3-4 bowls
1 cup quinoa
1 pound shrimp
Juice of 3 limes
3 cloves garlic, minced
Cayenne pepper, to taste (about 2 tablespoons)
Salt, to taste
Toppings I used:
Pico de gallo
Additional lime & cilantro
- Mix shrimp, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl, and set aside to marinade for 10-20 minutes.
- Boil 1 cup quinoa, based on package instructions.
- Fry shrimp on medium-low heat, with the lid on top of the pan. Once it’s cooked through, turn heat up to brown shrimp, moving continuously over heat.
- Add cayenne pepper to desired spice level (shrimp only takes 5-7 minutes to cook, so I recommend prepping everything else and let the shrimp marinade as long as possible).
4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
Two pinches cilantro
2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly using a food processor, blender, or chopper, for best results.
- Plate shrimp and additional ingredients over quinoa, topping finally with avocado sauce. Enjoy!
Thank you Jordan for sharing! Be sure to follow Jordan at sunshineskiesblog.com