1. Donate! Try to donate a piece of clothing before you spend money on a new one. No excuses!
2. Cook! Buy your own produce and meat and cook rather than spending money on take out. Make it fun! Cook with a friend.
3. Read! Going to the movies is great, but so is a quiet night at home (and your popcorn won’t cost you $11 at home either!).
4. Take advantage of the warm weather while you can. Workout outside rather than spending money on a gym membership or workout classes.
5. Make a budget for the essentials: food, clothing, transportation.
6. Read up on finance! Educating yourself about finance while you’re still young is one of the best thing you can do for yourself (and will make you look smart in those job interviews too). Check out our list of great reads [here].
1. Don’t buy coffee everyday. Try to brew your own.
2. Don’t spend all your savings in one big splurge. Split up savings, and decide what you can spend, and on what, and what you want to keep saved.
3. Don’t cut out all luxuries. Treat yourself. Don’t deprive yourself, because you’ll end up on a spending binge!
5. Don’t always go out with your friends! Make time for your family and spend time at home. That time is priceless.
Read More Of The SFTL Guide To Resolution Making
Read More By Sydney: