– box red velvet cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box to prepare the cake)
– 8 oz cream cheese-softened
– 16 oz white chocolate
– 2 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolateInstructions
1. Prepare the 9 x 13 inch cake according to package instructions, let it cool completely then crumble the cake in a large bowl.
2. Add softened cream cheese and knead gently with your fingers until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
3. Roll about 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. You will get about 35-40 balls. Set in the fridge to chill.
4. Melt white chocolate, remove cake balls form the fridge and using a fork dip them into melted chocolate. Place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate, roll the ball to coat evenly coat with the chocolate, then slightly tap the fork against the side of the bowl to trim the excess chocolate and place the truffle on the parchment paper. Set them back in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
5. Melt dark chocolate, transfer into a small bag, cut the corner off and pipe melted chocolate on top of the truffles.
6. Store in the fridge.
“Pinkie Bars” Sugar Cookie Bars:
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
These cheesecake stuffed strawberries are packed full of creamy cheesecake and topped with a dusting of graham cracker crumbs. A perfect 2 bite dessert!
yield: 10 – 12 STRAWBERRIES (DEPENDING ON SIZE)
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
total time: 15 minutes
1 pound large strawberries
8 ounce block cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
Graham cracker crumbs
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry, leaving a nice hole to fill the strawberry with filling.
2. If the inside of your strawberry is not hollow you can use a small knife and clean out some of the inside. If you are using large strawberries they tend to be hollow in the middle.
3. Optional: If you would like you strawberries to stand upright (like you see in the picture) slice a tiny section off the bottom. I normally skip this step and just let them rest on their side.
8. Dip the top of the strawberry in graham cracker crumbs.
9. These are best tasting the day they are made.
10. Optional: Feel free to add mix-ins to the cream cheese – lemon zest, flavored extract or even mini-chocolate chips.
Read More By Kerry: