Whether you are soaking up the sun on a sandy beach, curled up by the fire after a fun day of skiing, or happily snuggled up in your own bed, now is a great time to catch up on your non-text book reading. We think these are 10 of the most perfect books for a great afternoon of the ultimate escapism, just you and a great book you can totally lose yourself in. Click on any book to learn more about it. Happy Reading!
1. Food Whore by Jessica Tom. Jessica Tom’s first novel is being described as “The Devil Wears Prada” for foodies. When Tia Monroe arrives in New York to attend graduate school for food writing, things take a turn that she certainly never expected. A fun look at the world of the New York food scene and food critics – great for any foodie. Make sure you have snacks handy. This one is sure to make you hungry!
2. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. This New York Times Best Seller is a suspenseful, psychological thriller. Rachel, a divorcee with a drinking problem, takes the train into London every day. She weaves a rich fantasy life around a couple whose house she can see from her window seat. When tragedy strikes, Rachel must sort out what is real and what is imagined in order to uncover the truth about what has really happened.
3. Manic Depressive Dream Girl by Naadeyah Haseeb. OK, we know. This really doesn’t sound so uplifting, but trust us here. This love story gone bad is a quick read, a great story and an interesting look at bipolar disorder to boot.
4. Word Cloud Classics by various authors. We like Jane Austen. “Emma,” “Sense and Sensibility,” and “Pride and Prejudice” will all surprise you with how relatable they are. Word Cloud Classics are the classics (all those authors your High School english teacher was sure that you had to know in order to live), reprinted with flexible leather covers in beautiful, bright colors and nice fonts, and yes, we know, “You can’t judge a book by its cover.” Somehow, though,they all seem just so much more readable and enjoyable like this.
5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? & Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling. Can we just say that Mindy Kaling is hysterical and her story of living life as an adult is laugh out loud funny?
7. Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Described as a “portrait of confidence,” this frank and funny book will make you laugh but also leave you incredibly inspired.
8. Enchanted Forest (An Inky Quest And Coloring Book). Ok, we know. All this reading sounds good in theory, but honestly, you can’t read another word right this second. So…color! Hey, don’t knock it until you try it. It’s incredibly relaxing and fulfilling, and this one is really a beauty!
9. My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins. Who doesn’t love a good teen romance? How about 12 of them? Short stories by top authors. An easy read, lots of drama, and a total escape. Just do it!
10. Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed. We learned about this one from Sophia Bush (OK, it was on her Instagram, but wasn’t that a great lead in?). The author of the “Dear Sugar” column inspires us with her wisdom, wit and outspoken humor.
What are you reading? Let us know, and if you want to do a book review, we’d love to feature it! Contact us at email@example.com.
Meet Our Team of Inspiring Leaders