For most people the holidays are the best part of the year; from all the lights going up to fancy decorations, fun music and delicious seasonal food. Not to mention the holidays give people something to look forward to in the winter season other than the brutal cold and snow. For many, the excitement for the holidays are what got us through the dreaded finals season, so here’s a list of things to look forward to and fully enjoy after you have aced those final tests and handed in those last essays!
1. The Food Network’s snapchat stories which include yummy festive treats that are easy to make like strawberry Santas with rich frosting or delicious or cute candy cane cookies!
2. Trees decorated with dazzling lights all over towns and the cities that make nighttime magical and charming.
3. Holiday season is also the season of giving, which means hitting the streets for America’s favorite pastime…SHOPPING!!! There are always great deals to be found during the holiday season from extended cyber monday sales to online shopping on sites like Rue La La and Ideel, which sell designer clothing at discounted prices!
4. It’s time to break out all your favorite classics movies that are reserved for the holidays and travel through the seven layers of the candy cane forest with Buddy the elf or sympathize with Fred Claus who never seems to be able to amount to his brother Nick (But I mean who can beat Santa?).
5. It’s Christmas tree decorating time!! Break out all your crazy ornaments whether they are embarrassing homemade ones with a picture of you as a kid or beautiful hand-blown ornaments, from companies like Jingle Nog, that top off any magical christmas tree!
6. The Crazy house displays of lights by the people that love the holidays like it’s nobody’s business, that everyone alters their usual driving routes in order to drive by it. Check out these Insane and over the types christmas light displays!
7. Personally I love coming home to holiday cards flooding your mailbox and helping my Mom pick out ours. It’s always a struggle to find a picture where all three of the kids aren’t either cringing, blinking, or glaring at the camera fed up when the “one quick picture” turns into a photoshoot. I am always so impressed when the photos on the cards look like they should be the default photo that comes with picture frames.
8. The holidays also mean…winter break! After a long semester of working your butt off, it is much deserved and well needed so you can recharge and get ready to come back and kickbutt in January.
9. With that being said, holidays are a time for everyone to go back to where ever they call home, to family, and enjoy what the season is all about- being with the people you love the most!
Read more by Sarah: