First off, let me tell you how beyond excited I am to live with you. This year is about to be crazy and I cannot wait to laugh, cry, cuddle, adventure, and be weird with all of you. We will come to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, experience ups and downs, and be there for each other through the thick and the thin. I promise to love you unconditionally, be there to celebrate every happy moment with you, and cheer you up when there are sad ones. We may have different personalities but we each bring out the best in each other.
Here are a few things I want you to know:
- Maybe we’ll try to cook a meal or two — maybe. We’ll see who burns something first.
- Be honest with me no matter how harsh it may be.
- Learn how to take five-minute showers before the fall begins, or else.
- I cry at basically every movie and TV show that involves love. I know you do, too.
- I’m going to document every moment with pictures and videos so don’t hate me for it. You’ll thank me one day.
- If there is cookie dough in the freezer it isn’t meant to be cooked.
- It’s also up for grabs if your name’s not written all over it with a “do not touch sign.”
- The best conversations happen at 3 a.m. And there will be lots of them.
- No matter how weird I may be, trust me, I can be weirder. Just be weird with me.
- I know we’ll be able to sit on the floor at late hours of the night eating pizza and ice cream without thinking twice about it.
- I’ll always be there to give you a hug, whether you need it or not.
- My closet is your closet, just ask first. I’ll tell you if it looks bad.
- Thursday nights are for “Grey’s Anatomy,” and Monday’s are “The Bachelor.”
- Let’s get cozy on the couch froomies. Some of us are big fans of horizontal running.
- I’m going to say “I love you” every night before bed and tuck you all in.
- We will have a weekly family dinner.
- Anytime I post a picture you better be my first likes.
- We’re all going to be grumpy, mad or sad sometimes. But at the end of the night, we’re all going to be there for each other to lean on and that’s all that really matters.
- And I hope that when the year comes to an end, we can honestly say that we couldn’t imagine living without each other.
Love you all so much already, and beyond excited to jump into your arms in August.
Let’s get weird, froomie(s).
This article was co-authored with Cara Driscoll.