So here are my choices:
1. I can keep going to spinning, hot yoga, bootcamp and cross fit.
2. I can buy food and pay the electric bill.
I really don’t want to give up my classes. They are what I live for, but it’s going to be a long, hot, hungry summer.
Downward Facing Bank Account
We think you can keep those workout expenses under control:
1. Look for deals online. Class Pass and Groupon are great ways to save.
2. If you’re not sure you like it, don’t take a series! Don’t spend the money on classes you end up not using.
3. On the other hand, if you are obsessed, definitely buy a bunch of classes at once. Do the math (of how often you will realistically go, and which package gets you the lowest price per class) and pick the package that is right for you.
4. Never, ever pay for water! Bring your water bottle. Good for the environment and your wallet.
5. DIY. Yes, the post workout smoothie at boot camp is great, but the one you make at home is probably almost as good and less than half the cost.
6. Think group! Do you workout with a trainer? Why not get a few friends and train together. It’s more social anyway, and almost always costs less per person.
7. Take advantage of the good weather. Go for a run with your friends. Still social…and free!
We think with these little changes, you can workout and still keep the lights on!